I began this blog when I was 23 years old and my husband, Jesse was only 21. That was in December of 2007 when we decided that we wanted to bring a baby into our family. We had no idea all that decision entailed. Back then I had a false assumption that I was super-fertile and would get pregnant even while on birth control. Well, I was off of birth control for over a year, went through all of the fertility testing, and then was diagnosed with "unexplained infertility".

This past year has been one of the most difficult I have ever been through. I ran the emotional gauntlet on this issue, ranging from intense sadness and heartache to anger towards God to total peace about what He is doing. God began to show me how He was using my infertility as a ministry. It is my hope to share my testimony with others so that they may either be encouraged as they face their own infertility or educated as they learn what infertility entails. More than that, though, I hope that the things I share point others to God regardless of what they are going through.

When I first began this blog, the entries were kept private. But I have decided to open everything up in order to let people see the raw truth of the struggle. I strive to find the fine line between sharing the truth and sharing too much information. However, it is my desire to share my heart, regardless. And I have learned that there is never "too much information" in the world of infertility.

After being diagnosed with unexplained infertility on November 17, 2008, I was put on a round of 50mg of Clomid to strengthen the quality and quantity of my eggs. I suppose it was how God chose to work because I became pregnant that very cycle.

In order to be sensitive to those who are still going through infertility, I have opened up a new blog about my pregnancy. I am maintaining this one, though, hoping that it serves as a testimony to anyone who may be going through infertility at the time they come across my site. If you want to follow my life's journey, check out my other blogs. And if you would like, please don't hesitate to email me:
mrs_peterson07@yahoo.com

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

From Melanie



I received this from Melanie. Thanks so much. I always enjoy talking to you, and wish you the best in everything.

Here's the rules:
Answer the following questions with single word responses. Then pass on the award to 7 other bloggers:

1. Where is your cell phone? Desk
2. Where is your significant other? Work
3. Your hair color? Red
4. Your mother? Friend
5. Your father? Distant
6. Your favorite thing? Husband
7. Your dream last night? Forgotten
8. Your dream/goal? Children
9. The room you’re in? Office
10. Your hobby? Crafts
11. Your fear? Barrenness
12. Where do you want to be in six years? Home
13. Where were you last night? Party
14. What you’re not? Negative
15. One of your wish list items? I-Pod
16. Where you grew up? Texas
17. The last thing you did? Type
18. What are you wearing? Black
19. Your T.V.? Plasma
20. Your pet? None
21. Your computer? Pink
22. Your mood? Indifferent
23. Missing someone? No
24. Your car? Explorer
25. Something you’re not wearing? Socks
26. Favorite store? Michael’s
27. Your Summer? Bleh
28. Love someone? Absolutely
29. Your favorite color? Pink
30. When is the last time you laughed? Earlier
31. Last time you cried? Saturday



Now, my seven folks:
1)Kacy
2)Nene
3)Abe
4)Courtney
5)J
6)Steph
7)Becky


5 comments:

J said...

How does this work? Do you send me the picture and the questions as a comment or something?

Huh?

I Believe in Miracles said...

Thanks for all the comments regarding my work dilemma. It was greatly appreciated, especially the message board reference!

Jim and April said...

Hi! I just found you through a mutual blog friend! I hope you dont mind if I add you to my blogroll! I would like to get to know you! I think we are the same age! We are going through infertility also having had four miscarriages so far! We keep trusting the Lord knowing He knows best! Have a great day! April :0)

Rene said...

Thank you for tagging me! I love your blog too :)

Also, thanks for your comment on my previous post. Your wisdom and encouragement were much needed and it is so good to know someone else understands how I feel. I'm so glad we found each other's blogs!

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for tagging me too! That is so sweet! I will definitely post soon but it's been a little nuts with thanksgiving coming up (I'm hosting)!

But after that I will have more time!

Thanks again!