I began this blog when I was 23 years old and my husband, Jesse was only 21. That was in December of 2007 when we decided that we wanted to bring a baby into our family. We had no idea all that decision entailed. Back then I had a false assumption that I was super-fertile and would get pregnant even while on birth control. Well, I was off of birth control for over a year, went through all of the fertility testing, and then was diagnosed with "unexplained infertility".

This past year has been one of the most difficult I have ever been through. I ran the emotional gauntlet on this issue, ranging from intense sadness and heartache to anger towards God to total peace about what He is doing. God began to show me how He was using my infertility as a ministry. It is my hope to share my testimony with others so that they may either be encouraged as they face their own infertility or educated as they learn what infertility entails. More than that, though, I hope that the things I share point others to God regardless of what they are going through.

When I first began this blog, the entries were kept private. But I have decided to open everything up in order to let people see the raw truth of the struggle. I strive to find the fine line between sharing the truth and sharing too much information. However, it is my desire to share my heart, regardless. And I have learned that there is never "too much information" in the world of infertility.

After being diagnosed with unexplained infertility on November 17, 2008, I was put on a round of 50mg of Clomid to strengthen the quality and quantity of my eggs. I suppose it was how God chose to work because I became pregnant that very cycle.

In order to be sensitive to those who are still going through infertility, I have opened up a new blog about my pregnancy. I am maintaining this one, though, hoping that it serves as a testimony to anyone who may be going through infertility at the time they come across my site. If you want to follow my life's journey, check out my other blogs. And if you would like, please don't hesitate to email me:
mrs_peterson07@yahoo.com

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Wednesday, Good News

Jesse and I went to see our family doctor today. I had heard before that before a couple starts trying to have a baby, they should consult their doctor in case they needed to get in better health or needed advice about the steps to take to begin trying to conceive. Jesse and I have intended to do this for months, but have kept putting it off. Now that it's been 7 months of trying, we decided it was definitely time to consult the doc just to discuss our progress so far. He first of all told us that we are doing everything perfectly. Everything that we should be doing, we are, including taking the right vitamins and being aware of our most fertile times. He didn't seem to think that our family histories of infertility should be an issue with us. And he felt very optimistic that I should be pregnant within a couple of months. What I appreciated the most was that he thoroughly explained everything and took our questions seriously and respectfully. Instead of telling us that we were silly for worrying about anything or simply stating, "Just keep trying", he explained how each of our concerns realistically affected us and assured us that everything I was telling him about our experience is exactly what it's supposed to be, and knowing that should mean that we should be able to conceive soon...

No comments: